These easy homemade Banana Bread Muffins are the best way to use up your over-ripe bananas. They’re easy to make, taste great, and are one of my new favourites. This recipe is perfect for a quick on-hand snack for pregnancy and during your breastfeeding journey.
Here’s the recipe…
Makes 12 muffins
- 3 Bananas (Very ripe, mashed)
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tray with parchment paper squares or paper muffin cups.
- Add the mashed banana, eggs, avocado oil and vanilla to a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the cinnamon, baking soda and almond flour. Combine all ingredients to form a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tray and sprinkle some extra chocolate chips on the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Many baking recipes have a load of added sugars, and these muffins are sweet enough with bananas and chocolate chips!
However, add 2-3 tbsp of maple syrup to the batter if you want a little more sweetness.
Choose very ripe bananas, but you don’t want them too ripe because they will ooze liquid.
You can customise the recipe to your tastebuds. If you’re not a lover of almonds, replace them with chopped pecans or walnuts. And if you want the muffins a little more “chocolatey”, throw in some extra chocolate chips.
I love using eggs for baking with the additional nutrients they offer but if you need a replacement, check out this Instagram post for alternative suggestions.
Will you make this recipe?